Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Post about Nothing. And Halloween.

I have been feeling terribly neglectful of my blog.  Typically, throughout the day, I come up with several post ideas, and even start writing it in my head (which is a terrible idea; I never remember any of my best stuff!).  Then, by the time I have a spare minute, or I've put the kids to bed, I can think of nothing else but parking my tushy on my couch and catching my breath (a.k.a. taking a guzzlet of my cocktail of choice - thank you for the phrase Andy Cohen).  There are several factors at work here.  First, I'm in the midst of relaunching my business after an extended maternity leave (Miss B Accessories - hair accessories for children and children at heart).  Second, my husband and I have started watching the same TV shows.  This hasn't happened since Lost!  Since then, we have been on separate TV planets.  Then all of the sudden - BOOM!  American Horror Story, Terra Nova, The Walking Dead, and Pan Am.  We're seeing more of each other than ever before!  I would blog and watch TV simultaneously, but the blog apps for the iPad really, really suck.  Each and every one.  How has this not been perfected?  Blogging is what, like, six hundred years old, and represents the beginning of web fluidity and instantaneous communication?  iPads are the epitome of techno-fluidity* that move and grow as you need them to, when you need them to.  I don't understand where the breakdown occurs.  It seems to me, that if anything, blogging on the iPad should be one of the easiest things to do!  But none of the apps do it well or even correctly.  And yet, there are apps so wretched...so stupid...so...  Such as an app that displays a virtual box of chocolates.  What is that?  Or how about the app that takes your picture and calls it a mirror.  These are stupid apps.  I would like apps that are smart, thank you very much.  Like a blogging app.  That allows me to blog.  Without having to hard code in my paragraph breaks.  I digress.

*Yes.  I made that word up. (Grammar snobs - Is this sentence a split infinitive?  Should it be: I made up that word?)

So now that my husband and I have cleared off the DVR, I am here, in the office, giving face time to my blog, and my husband has gone off to bed.  He's very disciplined.  I, on the other hand, will stay up way too late, and will hit the snoozy bar three times tomorrow morning before I roll out of bed in a panic to get Buggy to school on time.

So what's been keeping me from my blog?  Here's a look back over the past month of some of the happy distractions:

Photo shoots with the prettiest girl I know, and the new face of Miss B Accessories...




Cooking...



And baking...







Playing with my kids...




Preparing for and celebrating Halloween...








And taking in the beauty of autumn...


1 comment:

  1. Great post! I can totally relate to the problem with writing in your head. I do that too and I can never remember the good stuff. Unfortunately though I haven't figured out any other way for blogging in the shower or the car yet. Ha!

    ReplyDelete